Thursday, December 10, 2009

Individual Presentations Day 3

There were just a few individual presentations today along with Dr. Sexson wrapping things up. We were told a couple of things. First, to study blogs, individual presentations, and group presentations for the final. The second, we are going to sacrifice something (maybe goats, maybe Jennie Lynn, who knows?)


Anyway, I would like to mention a couple presentations that stuck out to me. Kari did a great job with her piece, it was very entertaining and along with Parker's brings up an interesting question about how one would tell a story like Pale Fire through the medium of film. I think it would have to get very creative and push the normal boundaries to allow the complexities to arise. This issue kind of made me think of the chronology of the movie Pulp Fiction and how it allows connections to be made from different times (clips) that would normally seem inherent in linear time. I would love to see a project centered around the problem of portraying a story like Pale Fire.


Also, John's Dr. Sexson was great. He really hit some of those nuances well.

I also liked Aaron's poem. I love how it flowed and captured a lot of those themes that we have been exploring. He is an excellent writer as well. (if any of you didn't know)

No comments:

Post a Comment